Now more than ever, each donation to AAJC holds tremendous power. With unparalleled growth in the Asian American community in recent years, AAJC is uniquely positioned to harness this power and serve as an effective voice for Asian Americans across the country.
The Partners Advancing Justice Campaign will revolutionize AAJC’s ability to address the issues facing the Asian American community. Thanks to the support of a generous donor, now through 2014, all new gifts up to $2 million will be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis.
Asian Americans are the largest growing population, and yet our voices often go unheard. As our communities grow, Asian Americans are making significant contributions to the economy and developing greater political power. At the same time, our population is incredibly diverse. With parts of our community thriving, those who struggle seem invisible. Understanding and serving our community’s unique needs has never been more critical.
Your support of AAJC and the Partners Advancing Justice Campaign will ensure that AAJC is prepared to rise to this challenge. Click here to show your support today.
Your Gift Has an Impact:
With this incredible match opportunity at hand, AAJC has the opportunity to build capacity and programming like never before. Your support of Partners Advancing Justice will help us to:
- Grow our national Community Partners Network into a powerful base for grassroots action;
- Empower the next generation of Asian American leaders by expanding our Youth Network;
- Develop a strong and flexible litigation operation to challenge civil rights violations;
- Help new Americans through the civic engagement process; and more.
We Gets Results:
- Together with the Asian American Institute and APIAVote, we commissioned the first-ever poll of Asian American voter attitudes for the 2012 elections. The results showed that nearly five out of six Asian Americans surveyed planned to vote this November, and that our electoral power should not be ignored. More Asian Americans than ever before are poised to influence next year's presidential election, and we are ready to speak up and voice the issues that matter most to us.
- With our Advancing Justice affiliates, we released a ground-breaking new demographic report, A Community of Contrasts: Asian Americans in the United States, 2011. Using Census data, we found that the Asian American is the fastest growing racial group in the U.S. The report paints a fuller, more nuanced picture of our diverse and rapidly changing community, helping stakeholders across the nation to better serve our community’s needs.
- Thanks to the efforts of AAJC, local leaders and national civil rights and legal groups, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit blocked two key sections of Alabama’s anti-immigrant law, HB 56, until a final ruling on the appeal is issued. One of these provisions would have required public school officials to check students’ immigration statuses, effectively turning teachers into immigration agents. As the nation's premiere authority on immigration policy as it affects AAPI communities, we will continue to fight anti-immigrant legislation nationwide.
Your support plays a vital role in addressing the needs of our community. Give today, and bring us closer to equality for all Asian Americans tomorrow.